The E8 error code on the Girard Tankless Water Heater indicates that the control board doesn’t see the pressure switch close. In other words, the control board fails to detect the air pressure switch for 7 seconds before ignition.
Here are the reasons for the error code E8 on Girard Tankless Water Heater:
- The pressure switch hose comes loose
- Wire connections between the control board and the air pressure switch are loose
- Lost of petit tube integrity
- Debris in the open pipe of the pressure switch
- Defective air pressure switch
- Faulty motor
- Blockage in the exhaust system
Below, I will show you how to diagnose the E8 code and how you can reset the fault code. So, keep reading.
How To Fix Girard Tankless Water Heater Error Code E8?
Take these troubleshooting steps into consideration to reset the E8 code on the Girard Tankless Water Heater:
1. Check the hose connection of the air pressure switch and ensure its integrity. If it comes loose, tighten the hose connection of the pressure switch.
2. Inspect the wire connection of the air pressure switch. Follow the yellow wires from the pressure switch to the control board. If the connection seems loose, tighten the wire connection. Or, you can replace the wire connection if it looks so fragile.
3. Look through the blower housing and ensure the integrity of the Petit Tube is ok. Verify that the mounting nut is not loose and the standpipe doesn’t get twisted out of position. The Petit Tube should be facing away from the blower wheel.
4. Take your eyes in the open pipe of the pressure switch and ensure there is no blockage.
5. If following the steps from 1 to 4 doesn’t bring any luck, it’s time to unscrew the air pressure switch. Once you remove the pressure switch, apply suction to the port the hose is attached. Run a continuity test if the switch is not actuating. If there is no continuity, replace the air pressure switch.
6. Check the blower motor. If it’s at fault, you will get no suction that keeps the air pressure switch contacts closed. In this case, you should replace the blower motor.
7. Inspect the exhaust system and ensure it’s free of debris buildup.
Wind pressure switch failure is what the E8 code resembles on a Fogatti Tankless Water Heater. This code will appear on the control panel because of a loose wire connection, a defective pressure switch, and a defective control board.
Girard Tankless Water Heater E6 Code indicates that the water temperature at the outlet is above 140 degrees. The culprit behind this issue is purging all of the air out of the plumbing and high-temperature cold water coming into the water heater.
The E4 code on a Girard Tankless Water Heater indicates a problem with the inlet water temperature probe. To resolve this issue, replace the input thermistor or its wiring.
You can resolve the E8 code or air pressure switch issue on a Girard Tankless Water Heater by following these troubleshooting steps:
- Ensure the pressure switch hose is secure and tight.
- Verify that the wire connection of the air pressure switch is tight.
- Ensure the integrity of the petit tube is ok.
- Make sure there is no debris in the open pipe of the pressure switch.
- Replace the air pressure switch if it’s at fault.
- Replace the blower motor.
- Clean the blockage from the exhaust system.
Sohel Rana is an expert writer on plumbing, HVAC, and appliance repair & troubleshooting. Since 2020, he has written on these specific topics, though his writing journey began in 2018. To learn more about him, read About Us page.